River Valley United Way brings together the people and organizations who have the passion, expertise and resources to help achieve our goals in the focus areas of Education, Income & Health. As part of that effort, United Way invites nonprofit organizations to learn more about applying to receive United Way funding.
To improve lives in our community, River Valley United Way invests donors' gifts in the highest quality programs that make measurable progress toward our goals in the areas of Education, Income and Health:
- Education - Prepare early-learners for starting school, improve graduation rates in the River Valley
- Income - Move River Valley residents out of poverty level
- Health - Improve community health through expanded access to healthcare, preventative care and healthy behaviors
River Valley United Way invites service providers doing outstanding work in these areas to consider applying for United Way funding through the competitive Community Impact Grants process. Service providers apply for funding for programs that align with our mission, strategies and goals and their applications are reviewed by United Way volunteers. Ultimately, United Way volunteers make all funding decisions.
Request for Funding Application
River Valley United Way offers several types of assistance to applicants throughout the application period.
- RFP training — To learn about all aspects of the RFP, the application process and the review process at a high level, training sessions are scheduled for June 2017. Training is mandatory for all applicants.- all training sessions for the 2018-2019 funding period will occur in June 2017. June 14th @9am, June 15th @ 1pm and June 16th @10am. All training sessions will be approximately 2 hours long and will be held at the River Valley United Way office at 115 West Main Street, Russellville.
- One-on-one assistance — Service providers can discuss their applications, have their drafts reviewed and/or have their questions answered by calling, e-mailing or setting up an appointment to meet with River Valley United Way staff. Email email@example.com to set up a training session or call 479-968-5089.
- Funded Partner Mentorship — Service providers can meet with a seasoned applicant whose program was funded in 2015. Call 479-968-5089 if you are interested in this opportunity.
River Valley United Way staff can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at 479-968-5089.